Android Engineer at Verizon Location Technology
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. Verizon Location Services (VLS) sits at the core of the Strategy and New Business Development organization and is a critical part of driving innovation across our global customer base, both inside and outside of Verizon. Backed by more than 50 years of location-based expertise, we are building solutions that leverage the power of location intelligence to help drive technologies of the future. Technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
Youre an engineer looking for a career where youll be a part of a team designing, architecting, and building next generation SDKs and applications for the enterprise space. You are passionate about mobile computing and want to disrupt the world of application development on mobile devices. You want to work on projects that require creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. Youre a thought leader, but you dont know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
What we’re looking for...
* You will need to have
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science (preferred), Math, Physics, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
* 3 - 5+ years professional experience in software development
* A minimum of 3 years experience building complex mobile applications on the Android platform that have been successfully delivered to customers
* Experience using Java, good knowledge of Kotlin required
* Experienced with Gradle and the entire Android build pipeline
* Experience with network/REST APIs, persistent storage, Android services/security requirements, and threading
Even better if you have:
* Experience building frameworks or libraries
* Experience in iOS development is a benefit
* Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals - object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Familiarity or experience with encryption at rest and in transit
* Proficiency in more than one modern object oriented language such as Java, C#, Objective-C, Kotlin, Swift, Python
* Experience with geospatial APIs or SDKs is a plus
* Familiarity with UML and/or other design tools
* Proven track record of delivery
* Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
* Strong communications skills, both written and verbal required
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Experience delivering mobile applications with support across a wide range of devices/hardware
* Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban), OO modeling, web services, unit testing, code review, source control (Git), UNIX, middleware, and databases
* Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
When you join Verizon...
* You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.