Ibotta is one of the top mobile shopping applications on the App Store and Google Play. Our apps are used by millions of customers every month and we're looking for an Android Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the mobile engineering team, you will work with our Android team to build new features and fix bugs while continuing to build out our automated testing framework. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building high-quality consumer-facing applications. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Work with mobile team to design and implement features
- Develop automated tests for Ibotta's Android application
- Fix bugs and improve performance
- Participate in the definition of new mobile features and experiences
Here is what we're looking for:
- Passion for building mobile applications
- Experience across relevant technologies including Java
- Knowledge of Android development environment
- Strong knowledge of mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Strong knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Expert knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- Well-versed in MVC frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 2+ years of experience in software development
- TDD and unit test experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with the use of sensors such as camera, gyroscopes, and accelerometers
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out $340 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.