Android Engineer at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Android Engineers are responsible for the successful design, development and delivery of DISH Core Android applications. Engineers will be responsible for proper integration of the application into Android builds and will provide necessary support to OEMs to take care of any build integration issues. Engineers will work with the Product owners in taking the high level requirements and realizing them into a product. Engineers will have to keep up to speed with newer Android releases by Google and assess their impacts on our core Application. Engineers will own the design of the app and must follow the highest coding and design practices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities for an Android Engineer
- Engineers will be responsible for designing and developing the DISH Core Android applications.
- Engineers will work with the product owners to take the high level requirements and break them into user stories to be able to realize them in shorter sprints.
- Engineers will be responsible for delivering a high quality application suitable to be commercialized on millions on Android devices in DISH Portfolio
- Engineers will be responsible for developing secure applications with an emphasis to keep user data and server communications secure
- Engineers will be working with OEMs in proper integration of these core applications into device builds and be in compliance with Google MBA Policies and Test cases
- Engineers will provide support as needed to handle any critical issues in production or device certifications.
- Engineers must take pride in their code and must follow highest standards in the app design and development
- Engineers must develop necessary test suites to verify and validate their code
- Engineers will keep up to speed with newer Android releases and make sure the apps are in compliance with the changes being introduced
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or related degree; or equivalent work experience;
- 1-2 years of experience developing Android Applications
- Must have experience working with Android Studio and SDK for proper debugging and profiling of the Application
- Experience working with tools like GIT and JIRA is desired
- An enthusiastic, clear communicator with curiosity to learn new technologies
- Proven problem solving, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Have a passion for working on new technologies in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
- Be fully engaged, acting as a persistent advocate for your teams and the outcomes they seek with a bias toward action without being abrasive.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization through conventional methods (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with technical and non-technical teams.
- This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and portable devices.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds and work with various hand tools. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and use a computer keyboard and/or mouse, while viewing a computer screen. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include nights and weekends. Limited same day travel required with some overnight stays.
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year - $108,100.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.