Android Engineer - MLB Ballpark at Major League Baseball
MLB is looking for Android Engineers for our MLB Ballpark team in Boulder. We are looking for developers that are passionate about working on some of the most popular sports applications available on a mobile device. Since its inception in 2001, the tech arm of Major League Baseball has been renowned for creating mobile experiences that baseball fans love - and we're just getting started!
The MLB Ballpark app is your mobile companion when visiting your favorite Major League Baseball ballparks. The official MLB ballpark app perfectly complements and personalizes your trip with mobile check-in, social media, offers, rewards and exclusive content. Select MLB ballparks also offer mobile food ordering and merchandise ordering and seat and experience upgrade components. Check in automatically with iBeacon technology at select ballparks for exclusive offers and in-game features.
As an Android Engineer on the Ballpark team your primary responsibilities will be to write clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment and mentor junior developers:
- Take ownership of critical projects and your own initiatives.
- Understand and take advantage of the latest and greatest developments in the mobile space including Java 8, Kotlin and Gradle.
- Introduce technologies you feel passionate about.
- Collaborate with a team of extraordinary engineers and technologists.
- Influence the innovation of products used by millions of users worldwide.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Help shape the way fans interact with baseball with machine learning, augmented reality, virtual reality, voice control, and more!
- Receive amazing benefits - you get 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision.
- An expert using Android supported JVM languages (Java, Kotlin) and the Android SDK.
- Passionate about testing all aspects of the application.
- An avid learner, independent with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about mentoring peer developers, providing code reviews, etc.
- A baseball fan.