Android Core Apps and Skinning, Software Engineer (Remote) at The Last Gameboard, Inc.
Full or part-time remote work. Rate based on abilities/experience.
We are a venture capital backed, woman and minority founded and led, start-up with an active employee stock option pool. Equity option grants are a part of every position.
Come be a key part of bringing a new gaming platform to life on a team that loves creating and gaming.
If you enjoy hacking and customizing Android, creating beautiful Android interactivity, and have a tech lead mindset; if you understand the delivery of clean solutions, if you are ready to help build the backbone of an up-and-coming gaming platform then letʼs talk.
This is not just an app developer position. You will be building an embedded Android experience working with the AOSP build system and use private framework APIs.
Last Gameboard is a funded female-founded startup based in Colorado with a largely remote team. Last Gameboard is creating a new tabletop gaming platform with a large screen and advanced features for sensing game pieces and its environment allowing interactions impossible before now. The platform is then being loaded with game development partnerships from some of the best games on a tabletop. We are growing our foundational team, seeking highly effective forward-thinking engineers ready to get in early on something we are passionate about seeing grow.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Customize Android Open Source Project for Gamboard-1
- Create plans for Android bootloading, updates, security, skinning, and services
- Develop core Android applications and services
- Produce effective and maintainable software/systems
- Interface with content developers, developer relations team, product team, experience designers, etc. to convert use-cases into concrete dev requirements
- Must be able to document plans, designs, and thoughts for others to consume * * Must wear multiple hats and be able to do different tasks if required
- Must be a self-starter with a results mindset
- Must be able to collaborate effectively - able to share your vision, effectively engage peers, articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience working with the Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
- Must have strong knowledge of Java and effective C, C++
- Experience with Android Bootloader and A/B Updates
- Experience with Android HIDL and HAL services
- Experience with Android background services
- Experience with network programming and working with REST APIs
- Experience with databases and implementing content providers in Android
- Knowledge of Android internals and security mechanisms
- Full/Cross Stack development experience
- Love of tabletop games (had to be said)
About the Last Gameboard, Inc.:
In 2018, avid tabletop gamer Shail Mehta had a vision for the future of tabletop gaming: 1) a commitment to building player and creator community 2) an obsession with great User Experience (UX) and 3) a fanatical focus on data security. It is through these lenses that Gameboard was forged - the worldʼs first "all you can play" tabletop gaming platform that blends physical, digital, private screen and augmented reality to modernize your social gameplay.