Arrow Electronics, a Fortune 110 Electronics Distribution and Tech/Engineering firm, is seeking an Android Mobile Application Architect to join our mobile development team in Centennial, CO. As the Architect, this individual will play a critical role in designing, architecting, and deploying the next generation of our internal supply chain application. Our motto is "Five Years Out" and our employees embrace technology as a means to allow them to perform their functions at a high level. These mobile applications allow our supply chain and distribution facilities to operate efficiently to ensure that Arrow's products and services are processed and delivered with the utmost care. This position will play a critical role in designing and creating solutions that will have a high impact in helping the daily lives of our employees and customers alike.
Working closely with all members of the product and Dev teams, you will be responsible for implementing the front-end of our product experience as well as conceptualizing and planning new features.
You will be working in a collaborative environment, which is diverse and open-minded. The successful candidate will demonstrate best practice front-end development, including usability, calls to action and delighting the user while maintaining security, cross-platform/browser compliance, accessibility, scalability and performance standards.
- Develop hybrid mobile/web apps and JS front end technologies.
- Ready to help shape our architecture practice and make an impact on the firm's growth
- Passionate application architect with a history of working with enterprise technologies, and leading the development effort, but also comfortable working with the development team within the code base
- Work with a team to design and develop mobile warehouse solutions.
- Help maintain code quality and automation
- Mentoring, inspiring and leading engineers on proper development practices, patterns, and techniques.
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design including leveraging emerging technologies
- Capable of upwardly influencing the strategic direction of business solutions
- Ready to get hands on if needed. Should have a broad level of skills in architecting solutions including mobile, web, integration middleware, database & data warehouse, front-end technology & framework, security, and cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to work in an environment of competing and alternating priorities with a constant focus
- 8-10 years of Android, Java, and/or other mobility programming background and mastery of design patterns to help engineers apply best practices.
- Experience in developing mobile apps (both native and hybrid) mobile development framework
- Working experience with Appcelerator Titanium is an advantage.
- Familiarity working with IDE - Axway Appcelerator Studio, Android Studio.
- Working experience in Node JS is an advantage.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably bitbucket.
- Experience with build and deployments with FlexDeploy, Jenkins
- Proven real-world experience with mobile web development.
- Scope, analyze, design, test, debug and implement complex applications.
- Cutting-edge application prototyping and development.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented software.
- Good communication skills.
- Guides others in resolving complex issues in the specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Serves as an expert within own discipline
- Serves as a resource for best practices/quality on functional teams or projects
- Trains/mentors junior staff
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a 4-year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary/compensation package
- Competitive PTO and holiday pay
- Public Transit Benefits available
- Corporate Gym Membership with access to onsite Fitness Professionals
- Onsite Cafeteria/Snack Stations
- Free Covered Parking
- Health/Dental/Vision Benefit Options available
- 401k Matching Contributions
- And more!