Analytics Engineer at Rachio
About this Opportunity
Rachio is in the process of developing best-in-class strategic analytics capabilities to drive our next wave of growth. As such, we are seeking an Analytics Engineer to support our growing capabilities, help drive insights, and empower our organization with self-serve analytics.
As a part of the Strategic Analytics team, you will work closely with internal stakeholders in both the Consumer and Engineering teams to understand strategic data needs, collect requirements, design, and build BI and reporting solutions for Rachio. You will support the development and improvement of our data warehouse by designing and developing new data tables and procuring new data sources. In addition, you will help with ingesting and transforming existing data from our data lake into a usable business format to solve key questions and better understand our customers.
Rachio’s mission is to make sustainable water use effortless and personally rewarding for our customers. Through our integrated approach to efficient watering and sustainability - combining our industry-leading smart sprinkler controller with natural soil treatments - we aim to revolutionize yard care.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Enable the Strategic Analytics team by creating advanced SQL queries, maintaining database structures, and collaborating to find new business insights
- Take full ownership of the analytics data warehouse by implementing analytical database design principles and establishing business process best practices
- Maintain and monitor our data pipeline services and BI-platform
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Maintain the organization’s business KPIs and business intelligence data layer for uniform metrics and self-serve analytics
- 5-7 years designing database views, bringing data sources into data warehouses, and transforming data to be analysis-ready
- Deep working knowledge of analytical database design and data modeling
- Experience with star/snowflake schemas, dimensional modeling, OLAP data structures, and best practices for curating data for BI and visualization
- Excellent SQL skills for advanced queries and database development
- Past experience with data governance principles, KPI management, and supporting data operations for business intelligence
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts with business stakeholders and engineers
- Experience with Tableau and Looker/LookML a plus
- Some project management experience a plus
- Salary based on experience
- Stock options
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance -- premiums are 100% paid for employees and 60% paid for dependents
- Due to COVID-19, Rachio is currently fully remote. We are exploring our options for in-person engagement for 2021 and are open to this being a full-time remote position.
- 401(k) plan (not matching)
- Unlimited vacation
- Relaxed dress code
How to Apply
- Please apply via our careers page
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Rachio is a mission-based startup striving to make sustainable water use effortless and rewarding. A category leader within the smart home industry, our revolutionary smart sprinkler controllers, wireless flow meter and best-in-class app technology make it easy for homeowners to balance personal goals with efficient, transparent water use. With a passion for innovation, we are continuously innovating to develop products that homeowners love and solve meaningful problems with technology. Together, the Rachio community has saved *billions* of gallons of water - and counting.
We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.