About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking a Stability & Control engineer to join the aero team in support of upcoming flight test on the XB1 demonstrator program.
You will be responsible for:
Writing and executing test plans, which will involve close coordination with Flight Operations.
Real time data monitoring of pilot in the loop simulations & flight test.
Assessing quality of flight test data (includes data collected in a simulated environment).
Comparing test results to predictions.
Supporting system & structural development on the XB1 demonstrator
Predicting handling qualities and performance using proprietary tools.
Assisting in the maintenance and development of aerodynamic models.
A Typical Day Might Include
- Supporting Pilot-In-The-Loop simulation tests, which will involve planning, monitoring, and post-test analysis of the flights
- Reduction of simulator or flight test data to verify handling qualities
- Processing & presenting test findings to a wider audience
- Soliciting feedback from pilots, or other design disciplines
- Developing tools to evaluate handling qualities
- Flight Testing experience, which includes pilot in the loop simulator & flight tests
- Solid experience with simulation/analysis of flight models using Matlab.
- Demonstrate a good grasp of aerodynamics
- A relevant Bachelor's Engineering degree
- At least 10 + years of relevant experience
- Effective communication skills
It Would be Great If You Had Experience
- Verification of handling qualities against Part 25 or MIL-STD-1797B
- Communicating complex technical results to a wide audience
- Creating new scripts and figures using Matlab
- Reviewing simulation models in a Matlab / Simulink environment
- Modifying sim
- Tool automation using Python
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description