Advanced Systems Manager - GEOINT at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The National Defense Strategic Business Unit works with members of the military, intelligence and defense communities to deliver space systems that drive mission success. From space situational awareness to Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, we provide resilient mission-level solutions for the nation’s greatest challenges.
Advanced Systems Manager – GEOINT
We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Systems Manager to perform strategy, business development, business capture, and portfolio management for Ball Aerospace. This position reports to the National Intelligence Systems business area of National Defense (ND) and primarily supports the GEOINT mission portfolio. This ASM will be internal-focused, supporting new business capture activities and strategic portfolio efforts. A successful candidate must have a strong technical background as well as customer focused, collaborative leadership qualities.
What You'll Do:
- Support NIS campaigns and strategies
- Collaborate across programs and pursuits to effect successful strategies in partnership with portfolio Directors
- Lead the pursuit of new business opportunities with a variety of defense and intelligence customers.
- Support direct engagement with key government and industry customers.
- Develop and carry out plans and strategies to capture new opportunities.
- Manage cross functional teams to carry out capture plans and strategies, and to produce solutions that meet customer mission needs.
- Lead the preparation of responses to customer opportunities, including white papers, proposals, rough order of magnitude estimates and responses to customer requests for information.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, mentoring, staff development, application of the LCGM, management of internal budgets for execution of existing work.
- Manage development efforts, studies, and small programs to achieve technical, cost, and schedule objectives.
- Coordinate inputs from support organizations including engineering, contracts, finance, security, and others as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the business area, across Strategic Business Units, and with Strategic Support Units. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong technical competence in any or all of the following: mission architecture, optics, focal plane arrays and focal plane subsystems, electro-optical remote sensing payload systems operating from visible to long wave infra-red, spacecraft bus systems and technologies.
- Experience on classified design teams and new business capture activities in aerospace or related industry for defense and intelligence customers.
- Experience working on classified proposals.
- Experience leading design teams and/or new business capture activities.
- Excellent presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written communication and proposal writing skills.
- Strong programmatic background within classified program environments for government or industry preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $136,000 - $187,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.