Administrator I - MSA Systems Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineering at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Administrator I - MSA Systems Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineering
Directly support the Mission Systems Assurance (MSA) Systems Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineering team to establish the basis for independent technical evaluations of hardware architecture-, segment-, and system-level designs as it relates to the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of EEE parts across customer and program portfolios. Collect and organize information contractually required for each EEE part. Operate in multiple Ball Aerospace databases to locate information. This support will ensure that the systems level components have sufficient pedigree, such that mission success is achieved.
What You’ll Do:
- Organize large volumes of data.
- Coordinate data and information across functions, companies, and with customers.
- Sustain programs with varying levels of Systems EEE Parts Engineering information support.
- Query multiple Ball Aerospace databases.
- Translate written requirements from both internal and external sources into simple, straight-forward requirements, as it relates to this function.
- Write clear and concise technical reports.
- Generate new Excel ® Macros to meet Systems EEE Parts Engineering data organization.
- Gain an understanding of the drivers for component reliability.
- Utilize a highly intuitive aptitude to identify potential risk from early program decisions.
- Positively train / educate / mentor junior MSA Systems EEE Parts Engineering Administrators.
- Efficiently learn new subjects / techniques / software, without, necessarily, the assistance of others.
- Have a track records of highly collaborative working skills in a team environment.
- Utilize mathematical software tools.
- Interface with Program Managers (PMs), Mission Assurance Managers (MAMs), Systems EEE Parts Engineers, and customers.
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system view while addressing stakeholder mission risks and concerns regarding EEE Parts Engineering support through the application of a Systems Engineering perspective.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Participate as member of design team to select, evaluate, and / or document electronic, electrical, mechanical, and optical parts for various missions including space, military, and airborne.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Very strong organizational skills with an attention to all details.
- Good working knowledge of Excel®. Ability to use formulas, be familiar with macros, and comfortable working with files containing 10,000+ entries and multiple pages.
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers and “manage-up.”
- Have familiarity and be comfortable with SharePoint. The ability to create and manage pages is a plus, with workflow knowledge a strong plus.
- Basic knowledge of electrical parts (i.e. resistors, capacitors, microcircuits, et cetera).
- Candidate should be familiar with the names and basic values of electrical parts to spot incorrect values in a parts list.
- Knowledge of Ball Aerospace’s databases: Agile, ACTs, IFS, et cetera is a plus.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro working knowledge, and the capabilities therein.
- Self-starter that is willing to learn more technical areas and expand the role.
- A current TS security clearance required.
- A current TS/SCI security clearance is preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government Security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $67,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.