ACH Mainframe Senior Programmer - PEP+ Experience a plus at FIS (Remote)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
FIS is looking for a Sr. Programmer Analyst to join our 3rd Party Vendor Development team in any US-based FIS location. This position will support our 3rd party ACH and Federal Reserve processing applications.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
In this role you will utilize your strong programming experience to support quality technical ACH and Federal Reserve solutions. You will work closely with the vendor liaison, clients, technical consultants, business analysts and other team members to understand the requirements, ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards.
- Provide application software development support
- Code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software applications.
- Maintain, test and integrate application components.
- Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Ensure system improvements are successfully implemented.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal candidate will have 5-6+ years of demonstrated applications development experience, strong hands-on knowledge of COBOL, IBM Z/OS, and JCL, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of end-to-end SDLC i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Experience developing large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- You are looking to join our team and build a long-term career with FIS
ADDED BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- PEP+ ACH processing application experience
- Financial technology industry experience
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
At FIS, we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a fast-paced environment. FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
Additional Perks and Benefits such as:
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- FIS Gives Back Program – charitable events and activities to help support our local community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.