2022 Back End Development Engineer (NEW GRAD) at Zoom Video Communications
- Develop back end code in C++, Java or Python for Zoom’s collaboration software
- Collaborate with engineers and architects across different teams to design and develop solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance and reliability
- Design, develop, and test features and functions
- Possess some experience with the development of prototypes
- Work with internal engineering partners to ensure end to end user experience
- Partner with technical operations teams to ensure applications and services are highly available and reliable
- At least 18 years old, currently enrolled in a four year academic institution completing an undergrad, grad, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related STEM field and will have received their degree by the time of hire.
- Experience with concurrency, and design patterns
- Experience with Unix/Linux or Windows environments, distributed systems, network programming and/or developing large software systems
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for maximum performance, and large scale
- Experienced in cloud infrastructure technologies (i.e. Microservices Architecture, RESTful APIs, AWS, NoSQL) and cloud based test automation solution
- Strong programming experience in Java. Node.js or Python a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS production deployment a plus
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Given Zoom’s status as a federal contractor, we are subject to President Biden’s Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As such, Zoom requires all US employees, including remote employees, to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram