2022 Audio AI Engineer (New Grad) at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and implement machine learning models on front end audio tasks to improve audio quality in Zoom's online meeting (e.g. Noise Suppression, Voice Activity Detection, Speaker Recognition
- Handle large amounts of audio data
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best fit the real-time requirement
- Partner closely with other audio engineers to test and deploy machine learning models
- Research and evaluate algorithms currently used in related applications.
- Developing novel algorithms for audio deep learning projects.
- Design new algorithms to solve new and existing problems.
- Maintain and Improve current audio processing system
- At least 18 years old, currently enrolled in a four year academic institution completing a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related STEM field.
- Proficient in C++/C and Python.
- Experience with real-time speech related model optimization and
- Strong knowledge of real-time audio communication modules, such as NS, AGC, AEC, etc.
- Familiar with libraries for deep learning, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
- Experience on audio signal processing, such as STFT, Log-Mel frequency, etc.
- Detail oriented, organized, ethical, responsible, and self-motivated.
- Team player, ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- A passion for Zoom's mission, vision, values, and culture.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .