Director, Product Marketing
Director, Product Marketing
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Director, Product Marketing is responsible for leading the marketing strategy for Zayo’s Fiber Solutions business segment and overseeing the execution of that strategy by collaborating with other internal groups at Zayo. This will entail collaborating with senior leaders in the Fiber Solutions group to define priorities and goals for the business, then defining the optimal marketing tactics to support the achievement of those goals.
This role will also be the “product marketing expert” for the Dark Fiber product portfolio, responsible for defining the value propositions of the portfolio and serving as a SME for the product portfolio across the company.
The position collaborates with the functions of product management, strategic marketing public relations, sales, customer service, and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer. This position requires a well-rounded, experienced individual who has excellent visual, written communication, and project management skills.
- Develop insight-driven, customer-oriented value propositions for the fiber product portfolio.
- Serve as a technical SME representing the fiber solutions product portfolio to lead the development of product marketing content and collaborate with other groups at Zayo.
- Develop understanding of other product lines and how they fit/relate to the dark fiber products.
- Understand customer buying criteria and buying cycles for fiber solutions customers.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competition, and new opportunities.
- Develop quarterly marketing plans. Marketing plans will cover sales enablement, demand generation, regional & vertical event coordination and various other marketing tactics.
- Devise marketing campaigns with the goal of increasing product awareness and increasing funnel development for the Fiber Solutions segment
- Collaborate with the centralized strategic marketing team on the execution of the quarterly marketing and sales programs.
- Organize events to market Fiber. These include, but are not limited to, regional conferences, roundtables and webinars.
- Responsible for producing product marketing content for Zayo’s website, blog, magazine, social media and other channels.
- Engage with sales closely to understand priorities and customer feedback and ensure support for marketing efforts.
- Define KPIs and goals that demonstrate the value of marketing to the fiber solutions business; track and report on progress against goals.
- Effectively manage marketing budgets.
- 3-5+ years of B2B marketing experience
- Telecommunications industry experience a plus
- Experience with marketing automation software (Pardot, Marketo, etc)
- BS/BA in business administration, marketing and communications or relevant field
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.