Web Development & Analytics Professional at University of Colorado Denver
The Office of International Affairs has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) IT Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students—all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers—CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) serves the University of Colorado Downtown Denver (CU Denver) and Anschutz Medical Campus and community by facilitating the goals of promoting international education, intercultural exchange, and diversity. The Web Development & Analytics Professional advances the strategic communication of the university’s strategic priorities and internationalization through IT/ITS solutions, the website presence, social media, and integrated communications. Under the Director of the Director of Marketing and Communications within the Office of International Affairs, this position will liaise with all units within International Affairs and Student Access and Achievement in addition to the ESL Academy within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Examples of Work Performed
The primary role of this position will be to assist the Director of Marketing and Communications for the Office of International Affairs (OIA) in:
- Development, organization, and maintenance of multiple websites, e-communications cycles, e-advertising, e-templates, and e-newsletters.
- Assistance to OIA in interfacing technology with Canvas, Formstack, OnBase, Acuity, Zapier, and other programs.
- Knowledge in combining IT/ITS solutions with creative communications practices to aid in developing CRM systems and creation of a cohesive usage policy for student reporting and application systems relevant to the University-wide student educational journey (Student Access and Achievement).
- Web data analytics research (Google Analytics).
- Software and hardware upgrades, tracking, support, and troubleshooting.
- Staff training for new and current communication systems.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting for OIA social media, various offices.
- Multimedia archival/organization and in-house photography.
- Maintenance and expansion of OIA’s online International Newsroom.
- Assistance in presentations and events (Zoom webinars, onsite set-ups).
- A sense of professionalism; diplomatic “people” skills; ability to work effectively with members of the OIA team, University Web Services, and other University departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, web design, or a relevant degree in a similar field.
- Year for year experience can be substituted for degree.
- One year of experience and proficiency with design and development software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), website and e-communication models, and browser technologies (HTML5, CSS, and Microsoft Sharepoint).
- One year of experience with social media.
- A portfolio with samples of professionally produced work (links, screenshots).
- Experience with Linux configuration, SQL databases, Perl, Python and other related applications.
- Experience with or working knowledge of Progress SiteFinity.
- Experience with or working knowledge of Drupal.
- Experience with or working knowledge of Slate.
- Experience with or working knowledge of basic photography.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Professionalism, collaboration, and a willingness to learn.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $54,238 to $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.