Web Developer & Creative Designer
Do you have what it takes to create beautiful, converting websites and marketing pieces for technology companies? If you are a creative developer with a strong understanding of responsive design, a passion for communicating value through web content and interaction, and extensive experience with WordPress, then this role could be perfect for you.
In this role, you will be the lead website developer and designer, owning the EverCommerce website and marketing creative, and leading the design and development of portfolio company websites and graphics. You will be work closely with the central EverCommerce marketing team and portfolio company teams to develop compelling web experiences and marketing creative for lead generation technology companies.
EverCommerce is a multi-vertical, service commerce platform, bringing together best-of-breed SMB solutions in marketing, business management, and customer retention.
EverCommerce is located in Denver's LoDo district. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with high-energy, talented people who enjoy our weekly lunches, bubble hockey, and hanging with co-workers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the owner of the website, WordPress, and other connected platforms, including WordPress-based blogs
- Work closely with the marketing team to bring new user interaction and conversion features to the website
- Support the launch of landing pages and multi-variate tests
- Bring designs to life via HTML/PHP/CSS/JS customizations and interactions
- Ensure cross-browser and cross-device display and capabilities
- Identify and fix website bugs and rendering issues
- Project manage and QA the rollout of website redesigns and optimizations
- Effectively communicate project statuses as well as issues and barriers
- Coordinate hosting, domain, and DNS updates with the technology team to ensure successful rollout
- Produce web, email, and mobile compatible graphics, .gifs, .svgs, and banners
- Oversee creative and brand guidelines for social media and other creative asset development
- Expert knowledge and experience with HTML5/PHP/CSS/JS with an emphasis on cross-browser compatibility.
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress platforms, themes, and plugins
- Strong understanding of hosting environments and experience troubleshooting website errors
- Expert experience with Photoshop/Sketch/Dreamweaver or other design/development applications
- Experience managing projects with multiple teams and departments
- Extreme attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership
- Self-problem solver – ability to research solutions and learn independently
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Keen eye for usability
- Comfort and preference working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with API integrations and/or MySQL database infrastructure a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical benefits & 401k
- Public Transportation reimbursement
- Gym stipend
- Start with 17 days of PTO and your birthday off
- Snacks, lunches, and happy hours
- Continued investment in your professional development