All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
We have a unique market window, so you'll be expected to bring your passion for visual experience design and sense of urgency to drive key product user experience initiatives forward. You'll partner with UX designers, engineers, UX researchers, and product managers to plan, drive, and execute. You'll have rich collaboration opportunities with folks all over the business, including marketing, data analytics, sales, customer success, product management, and engineering. No egos: we are a passionate team working together to solve customer problems and build an amazing business.
What you'll be doing
As a Visual Experience Designer (VxD) at JumpCloud, you will partner with a world-class team of UX designers, UX researchers, UX writers, front-end engineers, and product managers to maintain and evolve the highest quality and inspiring visual experience in the industry. You'll be responsible for developing an outstanding visual experience and visual design library to enable the product design organization to build a consistent, inclusive, and lovable product experience for our customers. You will collaborate with UX designers across each product vertical and design a coherent visual design language while driving a consistent visual experience across our entire product platform.
You'll work within a world-class, highly collaborative, and supportive product design organization that strives to design great experiences for our customers while supporting each team member's growth and development. You can expect to work cross-functionally across our entire product ecosystem, which affords a great opportunity to work on various projects across the full spectrum of our platform.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years of visual design experience
- Proven experience designing visual experience for SaaS products
- Collaborate with product design and JumpCloud leadership to determine product, design, and brand direction
- Support the visual experience design team to build a consistent visual design library that solves the needs of our product verticals while driving coherence across the entire platform
- Inspire, motivate, and collaborate with product design team peers to deliver a consistent experience to our customers
- Have an iterative mindset and are obsessed with continuous improvement based on feedback
- Make ideas happen - You are passionate about turning user experience design into an aesthetically consistent visual experience
- Passion for merging design with technology to drive a consistent, inclusive, and lovable experience
- Strive for consistency and a visually appealing experience that delights our customers
- A willingness to leverage quantitative and qualitative data to create a more effective visual experience
- Adaptability, may not know everything but becomes the local expert quickly
- Strong ability to gather and respond to feedback from stakeholders
- Experience with user-centered design principles and practices
- Excellent visual design chops
- Experience with responsive design
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma; general understanding of CSS and HTML
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present to all levels of management
- Interactive animation experience
- UX writing experience
- Experience with mobile-first design strategies
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $95,000-$135,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k benefits. We have an unlimited vacation policy and also provide commuter benefits for employees in the Denver/Boulder, CO area.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description