Visual Designer at Peaksware
Come join a team dedicated to helping musicians and music educators achieve their best!
As Visual Designer at MakeMusic you will work with the creative and marketing teams to design and execute solutions to support our marketing efforts. Your solutions will stem from collaboration and your visual designs will be intuitive and compelling.
You will sit directly with the marketing team, work in close collaboration with project managers and team leads, and report to creative leadership.
MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software, and virtual instrument technology. MakeMusic, along with TrainingPeaks, Alfred Music, and TrainHeroic, is a part of the umbrella company Peaksware in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Peaksware has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six times and was voted #15 of 100 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list! Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.
Most of the employees at MakeMusic are musicians and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce!
As Visual Designer, you will:
- Be responsible for creative execution of all marketing materials including content image sourcing and manipulation, email campaign design, event collateral, social media campaigns, and branded experiences
- Attend kickoff and brainstorming meetings and contribute ideas and solutions in a collaborative manner
- Be the visual brand ambassador in regards to maintaining our brand standards, voice, and tone
- Sketch and storyboard initial concepts
- Articulate design rational and solutions in a compelling manner based on research, data and industry best practices
- Create delightful page layouts and assets using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Design: Solid understanding of visual design with an appreciation of design principles (layout, typography, color theory, composition)
- Collaboration: Ability to take art direction from peers and grow from the collaborative design process
- Prioritization: Excellent time-management skills and the ability to accurately scope work and adhere to multiple project timelines
- Organization: Excellent attention to detail
- Design Software: Expertise in photoshop (image manipulation and color correction) and/or other industry standard design and layout software tools
- Process Knowledge: Understand the mechanics of production for web, print, apparel, and large scale event graphic design
- Email Design: Experience in email design best practices
- Examples that reflect your ability to solve print and interactive design challenges
- Minimum of 5 years experience solving design problems
- Training in user-centered design principles and data-driven design strategies for mobile and web applications
- Experience in designing web solutions
- The ability and desire to contribute to the growth of the design team by providing guidance and mentorship
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4-week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- Onsite workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful north east Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust