Virtual Design and Construction/Building Information Modeling (VDC/BIM) Technician/Detailer at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Virtual Design and Construction/Building Information Modeling (VDC/BIM) Technician/Detailer
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 70 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million square feet of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Facilities Engineering Services team provides facilities designs and engineering guidance across Ball campuses in Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder. We are seeking a candidate to support the development and upkeep of 3-D building information models (BIM) of our buildings using Revit. In this role, you will help engineers and project managers by creating Revit models from laser scans and drawings.
What You’ll Do:
- Create Revit models of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems based on laser scans and drawings.
- Create architectural Revit models based on laser scans and drawings.
- Laser scan facilities (3 to 5 times a week).
- Work with contractors to provide Revit models for design and receive as-built models back.
- Validate adherence of contractor models to Ball Aerospace BIM standards.
- Update BIM models based on input from maintenance, engineering and contract personnel.
- Assist with development and updating BIM standards.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 2 or more years of experience with Revit modeling preferred.
- MEP Revit modeling experience is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to understand facilities and building systems (such as: HVAC systems, closed-loop piping systems, etc.).
- Proficiency in the use personal computer software as: Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel).
- Proficiency with CAD software such as: AutoCAD, Assemble or other BIM software, etc.
- Architectural and structural modeling experience a plus.
- Laser scanning experience is a plus.
- Field experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Proven history of safe workplace practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven history of creating collaborative relationships across all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work schedule and meet deadlines.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available / not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.51 - $24.52 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.