SonderMind is looking to add an experienced, self-directed, and motivated UX/UI Designer to take complex workflows and convert them into simple, fluid, and delightful experiences that drive SonderMind mission to redesign behavioral health. As our ideal candidate you have a strong understanding of all parts of the design process and have the ability to create new, innovative features, and iterate on existing features to create a better user experience. You will partner with stakeholders, product managers, and developers to shape end-to end experiences from conception to implementation.
- Within 2 weeks,start learning about SonderMind's existing platforms, teams, and goals. Become familiar with competitors and some industry-specific knowledge
- Within 4 weeks, work alongside your product manager and developers to design, iterate on, and implement an idea that measurably impacts our quarterly OKRs. Create detailed user flows, wireframes, mocks, etc. as needed. Build out initial prototypes for user testing
- Within the first 3 months ,take a project from concept to implementation (from high level requirements to defining product flow and interaction design). Be the UX/UI Lead on a cross-functional team (PM, Developers, Stakeholders) for a product area of focus
- 2-5 years of dedicated experience in interaction design, experience design, or digital design.
- Strong working knowledge of standard UX design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Strong, clean visual sense; advocate for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions and best practices
- Ability to create new, innovative features and iterate on existing features to create a better user experience
- Experience in present work to cross-functional stakeholders and articulate design rationale
Nice to Have
- BA/BS in Arts/Technology or certificate program in UX Design
- Experience designing and documenting accessible experiences
- Experience planning and conducting user research and usability testing
- Experience integrating qualitative and quantitative data into design work and interactions
- Experience or interest in copywriting/UX writing
How to Apply
- For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter and include links to your portfolio. In your cover letter, please explain your career journey and how this opportunity aligns with your career goals.
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 & 2020 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums. Mental health copays are covered at 100% for most medical plans. 401k matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?