UX/UI Designer at Rachio
About this Opportunity
Rachio is seeking a UX/UI Designer to drive design work that helps tell our complex story and integrates design across our e-commerce website, emails, and other marketing properties. You will help in the iterative development of our direct to consumer website and partner with developers to continuously improve the customer experience. You will partner to develop and design unique consumer funnels, and tackle complex business needs for single-sale and subscription-based products. In collaboration with others, you will make data-driven design choices and help maintain cohesive branding across multiple marketing channels.
Rachio.com is our company’s largest public-facing asset and most powerful brand property. As such, it is the key to our growth. In this role, you will see the direct impact of your work on key performance indicators and ultimately Rachio’s success. You will work with content creators, data analysts, web developers and business stakeholders to optimize the e-commerce customer experience. This role will report to the VP of Consumer and Growth and collaborate closely with the Senior D2C Channel Manager as well as other key stakeholders.
Rachio’s mission is to make sustainable water use effortless and personally rewarding for our customers. Through our integrated approach to efficient watering and sustainability - combining our industry-leading smart sprinkler controller with natural soil treatments - we aim to revolutionize yard care.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create consistent branding and experiences across Rachio’s web properties and various marketing channels
- Create mobile-first e-commerce designs from project start to finish, including diagramming user flows, creating wireframes and creating high-fidelity clickable prototypes, and delivering dev-ready designs
- Work with the Senior D2C Channel Manager, marketing team members, product designers and/or agency partners to create user flows, prototypes, digital illustrations and other vector-based assets
- Work with Manager of Content and Communications to create and manage brand assets including but not limited to social ads and graphics, email graphics, GIFs and light animations, among others
- Partner with Engineering to understand technical constraints and possibilities, and work closely with developers to implement live code as quickly as possible
- Partner with our data team to understand business insights that can be applied through design and ultimately increase website conversion rates and engagement
- Partner with our in-house insights team to develop deep empathy for potential customers, and always design with the consumer’s goals and challenges in mind
- Partner with Agency of Record to help shape, and ensure ongoing cohesion with an adherence to new brand work
- Direct to consumer e-commerce experience is critical and subscription experience a large plus
- Excellent visual design/illustration skills including typography, and icon design
- Ability to leverage data & insights to develop multi-channel campaigns from concept to execution
- Ability to identify UI/UX opportunities and work with various stakeholders to quickly implement changes and iterate
- Proficiency with modern design programs like Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator and After Effects), etc.
- Proficiency in motion graphics design
- Familiarity with modern web design best practices, specifically mobile-first design
- 1-3 years of design experience in a professional design setting. Recent college graduates with strong portfolios will also be considered
- A B.S. in human interaction design, graphic design, or similar is desired but not required
- Familiarity with digital marketing/growth principles
- Design for user interfaces on multiple platforms
- Web design, including the ability to understand and write HTML, CSS, and JS
- Knowledge of Agile Development principles
How to Apply
- Please apply via our careers page
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- A link to your portfolio. A strong portfolio is of primary importance.Your portfolio should include: 4 examples of work-related or student projects you have created regarding specific user experiences or unique web designs
- Please provide a cover letter or answer the following prompt: What e-commerce website provides an exemplary user experience? How does it use modern design principles to enhance the experience? What could they improve on?
- Salary based on experience
- Stock options
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance -- premiums are 100% paid for employees and 60% paid for dependents
- Due to COVID-19, Rachio is currently fully remote. We are exploring our options for in-person engagement for 2021 and are open to this being a full-time remote position with some travel.
- 401(k) plan (not matching)
- Unlimited vacation
- Relaxed dress code
Rachio is a mission-based startup that is changing the way people water. Our smart sprinkler controller makes running sprinklers easy while saving water and money. In fact, we’ve saved over 30+ billion gallons of water to date. An industry leader in the connected home space, Rachio has one of the highest rated and reviewed products on the market.
We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.