UX/UI Designer at SonderMind
- Within 2 weeks: perform a competitive analysis within the industry, conduct three user research sessions, and gain a deep understanding of SonderMind’s existing platforms
- Within 4 weeks: work alongside Product to research, analyze, and iterate on an idea that measurably impacts our quarterly OKRs
- Create detailed user flows, wireframes, etc. based on requirements from Product Manager
- Build out initial prototypes for user testing
- Within the first 3 months: take a project from concept to implementation: from high level requirements to defining product flow and interaction design
- Be the UX/UI Lead on a cross-functional team
- Create user flows, low and high-fidelity wireframes, define and create user stories, and prototypes, to test, validate decisions, that drive optimal user experience
- Use research and work alongside the analytics team to schedule and run various methods of user testing and analyze that data.
- Strong working knowledge of standard UX design tools: Figma, Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- 2-5 years of dedicated experience in interaction design, experience design, or digital design
- Strong, clean visual sense; advocate for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions and best practices
- Empathy and curiosity, with a strong desire to understand what motivates and challenges our users
- Ability to create new, innovative features and iterate on existing features to create a better user experience
- Advanced ability to present to cross-functional stakeholders and articulate design rationale
- BA/BS in Arts/Technology or certificate program in UX Design
- Experience integrating qualitative and quantitative data into design work and interactions
- Experience designing and documenting accessible experiences
- Experience implementing user research and usability testing
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums. 401K matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
How to apply:
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.