Do you want to work for a design-driven company where you can help millions of homeowners build wealth with their home? And be a part of a team where you have ownership to drive design decisions and see the immediate impact of your work?
Homebot is a Denver-based, fast-growing startup revolutionizing how homeowners build personal wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home. Homebot’s customers are loan officers and real estate agents, who send the Homebot digest to their clients as a means of driving retention and loyalty. Our customers love us and we love them!
Homebot is looking for a highly collaborative UX/UI Designer that has a passion for taking complex problems and distilling them down into a beautiful, simple experience for the user.
***Please only apply if you are local to the Denver, CO area or if you are planning to relocate to the Denver area in the near future***
- Collaborate with product and engineering to find balanced design solutions that meet business objectives and fit within an ambitious road map
- Define interaction models and user flows for different personas
- Produce design deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, personas, prototypes, mockups, storyboards, and customer journey maps.
- Work with product and engineering teams to break down projects into a work plan - define scope, phases, and groom stories as a team
- Love to collaborate but be autonomous too! You’ll be involved and invested in all stages of a new feature: ideation, design, development, QA, and go-to-market strategy
- Engage in usability testing, communicate findings, and incorporate key takeaways into designs
- Leverage modern web technologies and patterns to create an enticing and innovative consumer experience.
- Make understanding end user goals and needs a constant priority
- Expand and maintain our design system: define our use of color, components, interaction patterns, animations, and state changes within multiple applications
- Be involved and invested in all stages of a new feature: ideation, design, development, QA, and go-to-market strategy
- Create tools including interview guides, focus group materials, and prototypes to gather feedback throughout the design process.
- Communicate clearly to define, discuss, and present your work to internal stakeholders
- Escalates product issues when appropriate; maintains a sense of "product ownership" to see all issues through to successful resolution
- 5+ years of experience in designing consumer-facing and/or enterprise SaaS applications
- Ability to demonstrate seamless and consistent product-centric user experiences.
- Fluent in modern tools like Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Principle, etc.
- Solid visual design and compositional abilities using typography, layout, and color, with an eye for detail.
- Strong intuitions for effective and enjoyable experiences that drive continuous engagement
- Experience with front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Data visualization or fintech projects in portfolio
- Knowledge of real estate or lending industries
When applying for this position, please provide a link to your portfolio if possible.
What we’re interested in: your design process, techniques and methodologies; not just polished or final visuals. We love to see sketches, workflows, annotated wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, task analysis, brainstorms and other artifacts of how you tackled the design challenge from start to finish.
- Experienced leadership team with success in multiple exits
- Everyone gets ownership in the company
- Health benefits - we pay 99% of the employee’s cost
- 401K & EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself
- Brand new office location in beautiful downtown Denver on the top floor overlooking Union Station!
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks for days
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch and fun quarterly events
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers!
- We give back to the community
- Open environment with all standing desks
- Opportunities for growth
More about Homebot:
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Each month, Homebot delivers a personalized report to homeowners that tracks home value, mortgages and market conditions, advice about when to buy or sell, when to refinance, when to drop mortgage insurance, how to save by strategically paying principal payments, and even estimates potential rental income from Airbnb. Homebot helps homeowners build wealth faster by making them feel empowered and confident about making smart home finance decisions.
But the only way a homeowner can get Homebot is from their lender or real estate agent, and this is where we make magic happen. Homebot respects the existing relationships between homeowner, lender and real estate agent and becomes a machine for generating repeat and referral business while creating incredible loyalty by providing something their clients actually love to receive - every month.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai
* We realize your time is very valuable. Please do not apply if you do not have the minimum experience for this role. Thank you! *