Do you nerd-out by solving challenging design problems in a complex domain? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where your work will directly impact customers and business growth? Do you crave learning opportunity and permission to master your craft?
If so, then our UX / UI Designer role at JumpCloud could be a good fit for you. We’re disrupting a two decade old monopoly with a new technology we’ve built called Directory-as-a-Service®. We give companies freedom of choice with their IT solutions (without sacrificing security). Our users are IT professionals and the employees they support. As a SaaS-deployed solution, it’s critically important that our users are successful with our product immediately.
What this role is:
The primary focus for this role will be on design specification, prototyping, and keeping the flow from ideas though product. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to jump in on user research, data analysis, user testing, creating design concepts and patterns, and supporting other parts of the company when they have design needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delving into and articulating user needs for new product features and enhancements
- Creating user flows, wireframes, detailed mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Testing designs and design assumptions with target users
- Collaborating with engineering in planning meetings and standups
- Fielding questions from engineers as they implement features
- Making day-to-day design calls as new information comes up (think...we have a new engineering constraint, you got a great question from a developer, your product manager just brought you a new business insight)
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Collaborating on improvements to our design patterns and visual styling
- Contributing to product style guide and standardized UI component library
- Partnering with user research
- Preparing design materials for internal stakeholders
- Supporting design needs of marketing team on an as-needed basis, to include branding design and execution, website design, and landing page design, among other things
We’re looking for someone who…
- Has great design chops. Someone who has the aesthetic and detail orientation to flesh out design concepts in detail, with consistency and beauty and a good sense of what design will work best for our user context.
- Is energized by highly technical business apps. Someone who can empathize with our unique IT users, understand our technology, and simplify complex functional operations into smooth and intuitive user experiences.
- Shepherds designs through implementation. We operate with agile teams, working with UI and full stack developers, collaborating with UX designers and Customer Experience professionals. We need someone who can represent and maintain the integrity of designs from conception through implementation in this environment.
More specifically, we’re looking for someone with:
- 1 - 3 years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates the breadth of your work and aesthetic
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision
- Experience performing user testing
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, XD, and Photoshop primarily
- Strong visual and written communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Bachelors in Design, Cognitive Science or relevant work experience
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
JumpCloud is in the process of disrupting and modernizing a multi-billion dollar industry owned by the legacy IT world vendors. You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top developers and product folks as well as some of the best architects in the country to build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high-performance product will be valued!
If you enjoy expanding your understanding of challenging technical problems, making the complex feel simple, then this is the job for you.
Please submit your résumé and portfolio link, along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud!