UX/UI Designer - Peaksware Labs
Peaksware Labs is looking for creators that have a flair for experimenting - including you as our next UX/UI Designer! Our mission is to ‘Enable skill development through deliberate practice’ and we help connect doers to the enablers. The Labs team is here to explore new domains, generate and incubate ideas and support Peaksware as a whole.
As UX/UI Designer you will provide intuitive, meaningful and elegant direction for our products in our new innovative “Labs” environment. Your user centered solutions, supported by research/data will provide the backbone for intuitive and compelling solutions.
Sitting directly with the Labs Team in our Denver location you will collaborate and innovate on new experiences, while also having the opportunity to shape a career path based on mentorship, best practices and trust.
Specifically you will:
- Conduct user interviews and use UX research to inform all design decisions
- Explore several diverse solutions and validate the right solution with prototypes, usability testing and quantitative/qualitative customer research
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, prototypes and the specifics of user-centered design process to product, engineering, and key stakeholders.
- Develop low fidelity wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity design compositions that communicate interaction concepts and help define development requirements
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and data-driven design strategies for mobile and web applications
- Fluency in user experience fundamentals such as research, journey mapping, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, usability testing and other UX deliverables
- Knowledge of best practices and platform specific design/UI patterns for web app platforms
- A Solid understanding of usability and heuristics
- Ability to prioritize your project work with your team, while being able to work collaboratively and independently
- Examples that reflect your ability to solve mobile and web UX design challenges
- Training in visual design with an appreciation of design principles (layout, typography, color theory, composition)
- Proficiency in leveraging the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Invision for mapping, wireframing, design mocks, and prototypes
- Experience solving interactive problems
- Experience working in an agile development process
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Dog friendly office
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Denver RiNo location at Industry workspace with stocked kitchen, bottomless coffee, access to nearby restaurants and regular in-office happy hours
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust