Markit Digital is dedicated to the delivery and presentation of financial data, transforming complex information into elegant user experiences. As a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider in the financial services industry, our innovative visualizations are the standard for interpreting, manipulating and displaying financial information.
The design team at Markit Digital is one of the largest in the financial industry. Our work, and how we work affects the way our clients do business, how their users make important decisions and what finance means to the world. As individuals, we come from many backgrounds and perspectives. While some of us have finance experience, our larger belief is that new ideas come from learning, research, analytical thinking, questioning and translating what we know to new contexts. In our data-driven world, making the complex simple is a prime challenge. This is the core of what we do.
Have you ever thought about the typical user experience involved with trading on the stock market? Does the poor design of your banking app often leave you scratching your head? What if you could make it better? We’re in the business of making the financial world friendlier and we’re looking for energetic designers who can geek out about data and ways to present it to regular humans. You’ll be exposed to a plethora of unique projects and challenges from clients located both domestically and around the world—Australia, Singapore, Italy and the UK, to name a few—and the solutions are never cookie-cutter.
As a Designer you have:
- One or more years design experience; focusing on interface and data display for web, mobile and desktop applications
- Mastery of your tools—Adobe Creative Cloud and interactive prototyping tools. Familiarity with HTML, CSS and Java Script would also be helpful
- An analytical and visual mind, with a hunger for learning and a desire to solve complex human problems with technology
- Strong process—concept and refine designs through sketches, diagrams, wireframes, visual designs and interactive pieces
- A desire to challenge yourself both personally and professionally; as well as staying current with technology and interaction design trends.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).