UX Web Designer at Granicus LLC (Remote)
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities.
Granicus needs a UX Web Designer for our govAccess product line. As a UX designer for govAccess, you will work on a team of extraordinary web designers and UX specialists. Our core beliefs are building client trust, maintaining strong client relationships, evolving knowledge, and a pragmatic way of thinking.
GovAccess is a service-centric approach to government web design. We service unique communities, where we lead with empathy and dedication because it’s the foundation of doing great work. Our objective is to research and explore what end-users need and develop informed solutions to meet those needs.
What you Will Do
- Conducting research and synthesizing findings to drive projects
- Consulting skills that demonstrate the value and importance of human-centered design to colleagues and stakeholders
- Collaborating with a team of designers, project managers, and software engineers.
- Contribute to discovery: Understanding stakeholder and user needs, understanding a problem space, and determining the right problems to solve based on scope and capability
- Create written reports that are clear and concise to non-experts
- Lead, organize, and facilitate UX & design workshops with clients and stakeholders
- Develop wireframes and prototypes that address user needs and business goals while advocating for accessibility and best practices
- Effectively communicate usability findings, wireframe functionality, and design decisions to clients & stakeholders
- Conduct usability test and incorporate/apply results
- Synthesize and manage feedback to incorporate changes appropriately, and adjust the design accordingly
- Respond via phone and email to client inquiries and resolve client design issues promptly
- Create designs that strike a balance between stakeholder needs, usability for end-users, and maintaining brand standards
- Commit to making designs accessible and inclusive
- ·Collaborate with the PM and development teams as needed to complete project requirements while taking account of research insights
Skills & Requirements
Who You Are & What You Bring
You’re a creative who wants to make an impact by improving government services and do meaningful work. You enjoy growing your skillset and being a part of a team of curious and helpful people. The idea of being human together resonates with you. Being human allows us moments to discuss struggles, uncertainties, or share fun moments with a hearty laugh. We look forward to considering your application.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience and training required
- 2-3 years of professional web design experience
- 2-3 years of experience working with the following design tools: XD, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere.
- Proficiency with web analytics tools (Google Universal Analytics, Google Tag Manager)
- 1-2 years of creating written materials or reports
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Experience using project management tools (Wrike, Jira, Asana, Trello)
- Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Proven organizational/time management skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail to uphold an exceptional level of quality deliverables
- A clear understanding of web design fundamentals, such as interface style guides, responsive design, mobile-first design, grid systems, and WCAG 2.0 Accessibility
- Able to remain motivated, work independently and work in a remote environment
- A Strong portfolio of work that illustrates your process, your level of skill and the results you’ve driven
- Able to listen thoughtfully and communicate ideas clearly
- Possess a level of comfort when presenting to stakeholders persuasively
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.