UX & UI Engineer (with Branding)
Applicants should have at least 4 years of digital design experience, specifically product design (or web, mobile, app, responsive), working within a team, and should have a strong portfolio showing core UX/UI design skills, data visualization, and dashboards. Prior experience with SAAS, B2B, e-commerce and early/mid-stage startups is preferred.
In your role as a UX and UI Engineer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of creating visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile and web products. Your ability to bring your vision and concepts to life will not only be welcomed but also celebrated.
One of the key aspects of your role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between business, design and our customers, and serving our brand’s purpose, business missions and customer needs.
Your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to help our users successfully navigate and become comfortable with our products. More responsibilities in detail:
- Focus on user-centered design principles to create intuitive and highly functional web, visual, and interaction design
- Simplify complex content and ideas into functional, usable interfaces
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that supports both the business and a strong user experience
- Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests with users
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Communicate and work with team members and product owners to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception, user-experience and to create simple, easy-to-use software.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, and trends in UX & UI
- Ability to quickly prototype designs in tools such as Adobe XD, Adobe CC and Invision App
- Translate low fidelity wireframes/UX prototypes into effective and appealing interfaces
- Interpreting storyboards to tell visual stories that support learning.
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
- 4+ years of professional experience in designing brand identities, grid systems, editorial layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- A mastery of user-centered design principles and practices
- A mastery of UI design, including but not limited to, concepts, prototypes, and data visualization
- Experience creating sitemaps, wireframes, and customer journeys
- Innovative, creative problem-solving skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast-evolving environment.
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers.
- Ability to design and envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch.
- Expert level skills in Photoshop, Invision App, Zeplin, UXPin and other relevant design tools.
- Proficiency in at least two of the following UX disciplines: User Research, Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design, or Front-end development
- Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications
- Ability to manage senior project stakeholders (internal & client) to help shape, define, and manage ongoing expectations throughout the project lifecycle
- Familiarity with UX trends and methodologies, and expert skill with UX tools
- Experience developing rapid prototypes
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Experience leveraging new technology, finding unexpected ideas, and pushing the boundaries in solving UX problems with continued innovation
- The ability to articulate user experience design issues effectively
- Presentation skills to justify design thinking and rationale through key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Design, Computer Science, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors and/or HCI (preferred, but not required)
- Experience with branding and brand style guides
- Knowledge of branding and brand concepts