UX / UI Designer
Blue Moon Digital Inc. is a digital marketing consultancy with a team of experts helping customers optimize their company websites and digital marketing programs.
Blue Moon Digital, Inc. is seeking an UX/UI Designer to be part of our growing, fast-paced agency. The user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. This role requires significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise and business acumen.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering to create amazing user experiences that delight our retail category teams
- Have a client-first approach in driving the design vision and strategy for our enterprise tools
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to represent the design team and give feedback in product and planning meetings
- Distill and communicate complex interactions to different audiences in the organization.
- Passionate about information architecture and bringing clarity to complex systems.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Translate concepts into designs and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in UI/UX Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience.
- BS/MS in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or related field
- Strong experience with end-to-end application (web, desktop, or mobile) design
- Experience designing enterprise tools
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating work user experience, interaction design, and visual design required (please be sure to submit a link to your portfolio with your application)
- Experience with analytical tools is preferred