UX Researcher at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx is revolutionizing business through data science and analytics by empowering everyone to experience the thrill of solving.
The User Experience team at Alteryx is a group of highly-motivated, creative problem solvers dedicated to the creation of exceptional user experiences. Alteryx is actively looking for a User Experience (UX) Researcher to join our growing team in Broomfield, CO. Operating within the Product Management organization, this individual will take an active role in providing the most impactful, meaningful insights that drive the design and development of next-generation analytical software. This role reports directly to the Manager of UX Research.
As a key member of the UX team, the ideal candidate will act as an advocate for our users by facilitating the discovery, articulation, and application of data-driven recommendations across our entire product platform. The role requires strong problem solving skills, independent self-direction, and an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You should have experience in fast-paced, innovative environments and be comfortable with ambiguity. A solid background and understanding of industry-standard research methods, user-centered design principles, and UX research best-practices is a must.
- Plan and execute hypothesis-driven research projects throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation
- Utilize a top-down approach to addressing research needs of the organization while creating strategic alignment between corporate goals, team initiatives, and individual projects
- Quickly establish the domain and tribal knowledge necessary to ensure impactful data-driven recommendations (with little guidance)
- Take ownership of multiple projects or tasks simultaneously while meeting and maintaining reasonable timelines
- Use relevant qualitative and quantitative research methods to actively build up and promote the UX team's data-driven presence
- Deliver research findings to relevant stakeholders using effective story-telling that is both captivating and informative
- Monitor how recommendations are implemented into product releases and effectively follow up with stakeholders accordingly
- Two to three years of relevant experience conducting industry-level UX research
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, or a related field
- Well-versed in experimental design, research methodology, and statistical analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills that promote idea sharing and knowledge transfer
- Experience working in lean, agile, software environments - preferably in desktop or web-based domains
- Experience with industry-standard research software, tools, and platforms with the ability to learn new techniques as needed
- Nice to have: Relevant experience or field knowledge of data science, predictive analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, or product analytics