UX Designer at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail, healthcare, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
Job Summary: Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com) seeks a product designer to join our rapidly growing team. You will use your skills in ux design, ui design, and interaction design, to create hi-fi solutions to pitch to our product, engineering and operations teams. Our team is small but focused on shipping quality product and we want to add a self-starter who truly enjoys software design, product ownership, solving problems, and learning something new every day.
- Take complex design problems and translate technical requirements into simple, elegant UX solutions.
- Collaborate with agile team members from story requirements to development deliverables by creating wireframes, prototypes, low-fidelity and high-fidelity mockup to present solutions to our product and engineering teams to get buy-in on your UX solutions.
- Develop cross-platform web, mobile, and app wireframes.
- Collaborate with Marketing to deliver webpages and customer journeys that drive maximum engagement and lead generation for their campaigns.
- Support the Head of Design to achieve brand goals by assisting in defining, enhancing, and utilizing branded components to create on-brand UI. Be the enforcer and quality control for brand guidelines from a product execution perspective.
- Work and communicate with in-office and remote team members.
- Create usability testing plans to evaluate designs.
- High-fidelity wireframe and prototyping experience (i.e. Figma)
- Excellent interaction design skills
- Experience moving designs throughout an agile development process, including monitoring and reporting progress in an Agile software program (i.e. Jira)
- Strong interpersonal skills that bridge business stakeholders and product development process
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to drive the entire team to success
- Tenacity and ability to thrive in situations where one must efficiently make sense of chaos
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Service oriented attitude with rapid responsiveness to internal and external requests
- Strong facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in interaction design, marketing, computer science, or other related fields
- 4+ years of UI / UX, graphic, and visual design in a corporate or agency context
- Experience with Project Management software (i.e. Zube)
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Free in-office monthly massages
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours
- Paid gym membership
- Free organic fruit, snacks, and beverages
- Relaxed office and dress code
- Free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- Unmatched views of the Rocky Mountains