UX Designer at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a talented User Experience/ User Interface Designer to join our UX/UI Design Team. Designers at Alteryx thrive when solving challenging design problems around data analytics. We are looking for design professionals with inquisitive minds to help us develop creative solutions to challenging problems. Confidence and decision-making skills are key. You will work closely with our product management and development teams to bring your concepts and designs to life in our desktop and web products.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the application design lifecycle within an Agile environment. This should include proficiency in experience design, knowledge in user research and testing, and strong visual design skills.
Please provide a portfolio when applying to this position.
What you will be doing:
- Design wireframes, interactive prototypes, and visual design mock-ups that translate business needs and user stories into intuitive and engaging experiences.
- Provide UI and UX evaluation and design for our full technology platform, including windows and web-based products.
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to estimate scope and adjust priorities.
- Work closely with the development teams to guide the implementation of designs.
- Participate in user research and testing to continually search for improvements to the user experience.
- Produce UI and Graphic Design assets for product development teams.
- Integrate corporate branding and develop style guides that provide consistent interfaces for existing and new products.
- Travel opportunities up to once per quarter to meet with customers.
What we are looking for in you:
- BS/BA Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating interaction and visual interface design skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in a UX/UI role.
- Experience designing desktop and web products.
- Experience with standard design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Invision.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices.
- Demonstrable history of working with product management and engineering teams to deliver projects.