Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
NetApp SolidFire is looking for an Experienced UX Designer who is passionate about developing world class user experience
Opportunities to Make an Impact:
This is a high-visibility role that will help shape user experience for our next gen product line.
• Use analytical thinking to understand complex user problems and requirements
• Create intuitive, efficient, and delightful experience for enterprise data center users by incorporating user requirements, user and field feedback, metrics, and usability findings
• Create appropriate level of prototypes, wireframes, and mockups to demonstrate UX design solutions to various levels of stakeholders
• Deliver user experience designs to product management and development teams
• Contribute to design system by incorporating and creating UX design patterns
• Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines
• 4+ years’ experience as an UX designer, or related occupation, producing exceptional user experiences for data and visualization rich web applications
• A portfolio demonstrating these capabilities
• Knowledge of latest interaction patterns for web, user-centered design process, design principles and techniques
• Familiarity with design systems
• Experience using Axure, Sketch and Invision to create low to high fidelity prototypes and mockups
• Proven track record of success working collaboratively with other UX designers, UX design leads, product managers, and developers/testers
• Strong design thinking, human centered design skills with expertise in user-centered design processes and execution
• Demonstrable experience with complex and modern web designs with the ability to create meaningful and intuitive experiences
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
• Strong presentation skills and ability to lead ideation/design sprint sessions
• Ability to balance needs of concurrent projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Strong influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills
• Working knowledge of current web based technologies and frameworks (e.g. HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, Angular 4, 5) to inform design decisions
• Experience of working closely with developers in an Agile development setting
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.