Guild is reinventing education as a benefit. Guild works with Fortune 500 companies and sets the standard for what an education benefit looks like in the 21st century. Guild is the leader in disrupting a $22B market that impacts over 64 million working Americans without a college degree. The impact a college degree can make on our student’s salary is life changing and, in some cases, bringing their families out of poverty.
Guild’s programs are designed for the working adult who struggles with affording education and balancing life, work, and education. Students come to Guild through their employer that offers tuition assistance; Guild partners with nonprofit Universities that offer top online programs, the most affordable credit per class amounts, and, results-driven outputs for our students. At Guild, there are on-staff education advisors and coaches that ensure students are put into the best program to meet their goals as well as a weekly check-in to coach through the work-life-school balance.
Guild is female founded, venture backed, and mission driven. In mid-2017, Guild closed a $21M Series B from top investors: Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. We are a registered B-Corp and our enterprise partners include Chipotle, DaVita, Discover, Lowes, Walmart, Lyft, and Taco Bell.
Do you love solving complex problems that make a profound social impact on society? Do you believe less is more? Do you know the details are the product? Is your ideal day identifying problems, conducting user research, prototyping, and collaborating with a passionate team?
You’ll love this job if you...
- Want to make a difference in the world by creating products to support the 64 million working Americans get a college degree
- Want to join a fast-paced, growing startup where every day is different and your designs will make a direct impact on the product from day one.
- Have a passion for bringing potential and current student’s voices to the conversation
- Approach design as experiments to learn as quickly as possible
- Design prototypes, user test, iterate, and work with the greater team to deploy simple, elegant, and purposeful experiences; own and take responsibility for your work from ideation to deployment
- Create data informed designs using our suite of user research tools and analytics
- Work within and expand our evolving design language system that exports to over 5+ products that touches millions of student lives and Fortune 50 enterprise partners
- Support design thinking activities cross-functionally to absorb knowledge and needed information from stakeholders
- Communicate, participate, and prepare for design walkthroughs, critiques, and reviews in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Executive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Bonus: Previously have designed for the front-line worker demographic.
- 3+ years of experience in an individual contributor design role on a design team for web or native applications
- Owned product design end-to-end for at least one successful products at scale
- Case studies featuring examples of work and a returned impact
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Bonus: Experience designing both consumer and enterprise applications.
- Bonus: Engineering experience - especially front end.
To apply, please send us the following:
- Portfolio link
- 2 or more case studies exemplifying your past work and process that affect a business’s bottom line
- LinkedIn profile