Who You Are
You have Heart for Service
We provide extraordinary service to our customers, coworkers, and our community by going out of our way to appreciate and support them.
You are Curious
We create products that help our customers listen and be curious, and we ourselves are curious. We strive to understand our customers’ business problems and the solutions delivered with our software.
You Find a Way
We help our customers and employees succeed by finding solutions to their problems. We have a can-do attitude and we do what we say we will do.
Founded in 2006, Alchemer is a powerful survey and data insights platform that empowers business professionals to make informed decisions. As SaaS application software, it offers user-friendly data collection tools for understanding customers, markets, and employees in real time and communicating this information across an organization. It provides data insights in over 205 countries, with 50K new surveys created and 5M responses collected every week.
Alchemer has tremendous opportunity to continue this growth, based on current market size and the potential for more sophisticated product positioning and a robust sales and marketing engine. Details on Alchemer’s products and services can be found on our website (www.alchemer.com).
About the Job
Lead the User Experience and User Interface Design efforts to design, test, deliver and improve compelling and consistent user experiences and interfaces that not only make Alchemer easy to use, but also delight our customers. You should be a hands-on leader who is just as comfortable mocking up screens and components as building a team. Continually engage with users through structured and unstructured user testing to provide qualitative input to reducing friction for our users. Develop and measure user experience KPIs and work to improve those experiences. Design and test compelling experiences and work closely with the Product, Engineering, and QA teams to make sure mockups are developed, understood, and implement in a consistent way.
You are a driven and passionate designer who always works to understand and measure customer experiences and continually advocate for improving them. You think holistically about user experience and understand that user experience is more than just a well-designed screen. You balance your skills as a seasoned visual designer who is up on modern design patterns with a data driven approach to understanding custom friction points and ways to measure and improve user journeys. You are a relentless advocate for the customer and work to ensure that their experiences with Alchemer are consistent, reliable and easy to use.
- Lead all application user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) efforts
- Create user journey maps and low and high-fidelity mockups that are ready for the engineering team
- Establish user groups, user testing processes and regular feedback mechanisms
- Develop, measure and improve user experience KPIs
- Develop and enforce consistent design conventions, standards and patterns
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to research functional and UX requirements
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years leading UX/UI efforts and 5+ years design experience for a web based SAAS product
- Expert experience with design & UX tools (Axure, Sketch, Adobe Suite, etc)
- Experience with developing, managing, reporting and improving on user testing and KPIs
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing and enforcing a style guide and consistent design patterns
- HTML, CSS/SASS and Material design (or other similar design framework) a plus
- Passionate advocate for customers while knowing how and when to compromise
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean development process
- Self-motivated and able to manage their team to meet key delivery timelines