User Experience (UX) Designer at Zen Planner
Zen Planner serves over 7,000 businesses in the boutique fitness, yoga, martial arts, and affiliate gym space, providing business owners everything needed to run a successful gym, school, or studio. Zen Planner was acquired by Daxko in 2017 and our best-in-class software is backed by a team of over 100 like-minded fitness fanatics, outdoor enthusiasts, and techies. Zen Planner has received several recognitions for its incredible culture, including Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work five years in a row, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, to name a few.Job Description
At Zen Planner, our product design team consists of UX generalists who lead the full spectrum of user research, interaction design, visual design, and usability testing. Your primary responsibility as a UX Designer will be to craft user experiences that set our products apart from the competition by truly understanding our customer’s needs and delivering valuable solutions to market problems.
This is a great opportunity for growth, experimentation, and the challenge to create something truly remarkable – all while having the support of an executive team that understands the importance of a Lean UX process. As a UX Designer, you will help shape the vision for groundbreaking applications that affect millions of people in their daily health and fitness routines. This position reports to the UX MANAGER and is on the PRODUCT team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Understand what users need and help your team understand it too.
- Collaborate with product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to understand, define, and clarify requirements.
- Use research methods such as participatory design, ethnographic studies, and user interviews to learn how users think and behave. Use that research to help drive your innovative concepts forward.
- Model knowledge about users and share it with your team to help everyone make better decisions.
- Explain your ideas, designs, and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders.
- Be a tireless advocate for exceptional user experience.
Design software that delivers on what users need.
- Through solo and collaborative design methods, create low and high-fidelity prototypes of possible design solutions.
- Translate complex product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows.
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions.
- Validate that designed solutions meet user needs through usability testing methods such as unmoderated testing, moderated testing, and A/B testing.
- Be able to present and validate your design concepts with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Oversee the maintenance and application of visual design standards.
- Detail oriented, manages time and objectives effectively
- Excellent communicator in person, on the phone, in email
- Loves testing out new approaches, knows how to measure the impact and adjust
- A positive attitude and a passion for working with strong, collaborative teams.
- Not afraid of conflict – able to check your ego at the door for the benefit of the product and team
- Flexible - change and uncertainty don’t faze you
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders and technical teams to understand, analyze, and document requirements
- A strong technical aptitude. You don’t have to code, but you have to be able to earn the respect of the people who do.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies—Scrum and Kanban in particular
- Ability to use wireframing tools to prototype new functionality
- Strong visual design skills
- Strong interaction design skills
- 2+ years of experience designing business-oriented web or mobile applications
- Knowledge and practical experience with Lean UX methods
- Enterprise software design experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience working with an Agile Product Owner strongly preferred
- Experience working with remote teams a plus
Zen Planner is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.