User Experience (UX) Designer at Zen Planner
Zen Planner serves over 7,000 businesses in the boutique fitness, yoga, martial arts and affiliate gym space, providing business owners everything needed to run a successful gym, school or studio. Zen Planner was acquired by Daxko in 2017 and our best-in-class software is backed by team of nearly 100 likeminded fitness fanatics, outdoors enthusiasts and techies. Zen Planner has received several recognitions for its incredible culture, including Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work five years in a row, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, to name a few.Job Description
At Zen Planner, our product design team consists of UX generalists who lead the full spectrum of user research, interaction design, visual design, and usability testing by understanding user needs to help solve real business problems.
This is a great opportunity for growth, experimentation, and the challenge to create something truly remarkable – all while having the support of an executive team that understands the importance of a Lean UX process. As a UX Designer, you will help shape the vision for groundbreaking applications that affect millions of people in their daily health and fitness routines.
We'll want you to...
Understand what users need, and help your team understand it, too.
- Collaborate with product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to introduce, iterate, and clarify requirements.
- Use research methods such as participatory design, ethnographic studies, and user interviews to learn how users think and behave. Use that research to help drive your innovative concepts forward.
- Model knowledge about users and share it with your team to help everyone make better decisions.
- Explain your ideas, designs, and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders.
- Be a tireless advocate for exceptional user experience.
Design software that delivers on what users need.
- Through solo and collaborative design methods, create low and high-fidelity prototypes of possible design solutions.
- Translate complex product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows.
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions.
- Validate that design solutions meet user needs through usability testing methods such as unmoderated testing, moderated testing, and A/B testing.
- Be able to present and validate your design concepts with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Oversee the maintenance and application of visual design standards.
- At least 2 years of experience designing business-oriented web and mobile applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders and technical teams to understand, analyze, and document requirements.
- A strong technical aptitude. You don’t have to code, but you have to be able to earn the respect of the people who do.
- Effective interpersonal communications skills (presentation, written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with everyone.
- A positive attitude and a passion for working with strong, collaborative teams.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies—Scrum and Kanban in particular.
- Better-than-average visual design skills.
Zen Planner is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.