User Experience Researcher at Checkr
We believe everyone deserves a fair chance to work and are devoted to bringing more fairness and transparency to the hiring process. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
About the Role
Checkr is seeking a User Experience Researcher. You will be responsible for conducting research studies and advancing our current research processes. By working closely with designers and product managers, your insights will directly impact the direction of the company. As a small team working on a growing product, you will help us build a better understanding of our customers and their candidates, and ultimately improve their experiences across the board. You will do research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and research methodologies, ranging from conceiving and implementing large-scale ethnographic studies to running quick usability tests. We’re looking for people who are passionate about expanding opportunities for employment. Job level will be determined by experience.
Learn more about our team at design.checkr.com
- Plan and conduct research projects for individual studies
- Lead research projects end to end: develop scripts and screeners, moderate, analyze, synthesize and deliver results
- Utilize a mixed methods approach, and know when to choose a specific methodology
- Communicate learnings and illustrate recommendations in a compelling and an easy to understand way
- Package insights into design tools and assets for product managers and designers to use (research briefs, personas, design principles, experience maps, scenarios, etc., as appropriate)
- Build lasting relationships with customers
- Interest in influencing employment opportunities for people with criminal histories
- Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods, the knowledge of when to use them, and how they fit into the design and the product development process
- You know when learnings from qualitative or quantitative studies would be most impactful
- Solid sense of defining all aspects of research including sampling, methodology, survey and discussion instruments
- Creativity in designing research that allows you to generate useful data in a timely fashion, and within the sometimes constrained resources of a startup
- Strong sense of project management, independence, and comfort marshalling resources, managing timelines and getting things done
- Clear articulation of ideas across mediums, so that findings are disseminated broadly and can form the basis for ongoing institutional knowledge
- Degree in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
- Bringing additional skills such as illustration, branding, photography, motion design, etc
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $87,550-$103,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.