User Experience Researcher at Workiva
The User Experience Research team is hiring a mixed methods researcher that will support our Regulated Reporting and Global Statutory Reporting product development teams. This is an ideal opportunity for a user experience researcher that has a strong track record at building user empathy and exploring user problems through qualitative and quantitative research methods such as interviewing, data analysis, surveys, etc in a corporate setting.
If you have experience in a User Experience Researcher role at a technology/product company, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to get in at a growing company. Workiva is scaling with an aspiration to be the world's leading platform for simplifying complex work.
As a UX Researcher you'll help us simplify complexity by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Your previous experience as a researcher in software development will enable you to jump right in and design studies that inform decisions for Workiva products. You'll conduct usability testing and support senior researchers in conducting both qualitative and quantitative research that covers the breadth of customer experiences - proactively using insights to solve feature-level problems. You’re right for this role if you are detail-oriented; collaborative and humble; have a can-do attitude; and you’re naturally curious.
- Conducts research throughout the product development process - from concept to release, leveraging methods such as usability testing, online experiments, interviews, surveys, observation, and other techniques to understand users
- Organizes, analyzes and synthesizes qualitative and quantitative data to surface key insights and findings
- Helps deliver and advocate for user-centered, evidence-based recommendations for a variety of projects across the platform
- Crafts needed materials for research activities, such as research plans, moderator’s guides, surveys, and workshop templates that align methods and scope with needs and constraints
- Balances research rigor with agility to deliver timely, useful results
- Collaborates with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to discover and prioritize user experience opportunities with new and existing products
What You'll Need
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Skilled in one or more relevant research methods
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- 1+ years experience in user experience research in a software company (we are not considering academic research or marketing research at this time)
- Experience turning research findings into actionable insights that influence product decision
- Experience working in Lean UX / Agile software development
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods preferred
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- B.S. or M.S. in human-computer interaction, psychology or a related field preferred
- Ability to travel about 10% once we return to travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $93,000 - $120,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].