User Experience Designer
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
We believe great systems are the result of elegant design, simple solutions, and superb collaboration with some of the best teams in the industry. We believe in small, empowered teams. We promote openness through open source contributions (github.com/workiva). We are committed to consistently pushing boundaries to create powerful, innovative solutions to real-world problems.
Workiva is looking for a User Experience Designer to join its Platform Services team. This team is small, agile, highly-collaborative, and data-driven - focused on unlocking efficiency within the Global Client Services organization through the application of advanced technology. We have a wide set of skills including process optimization, data analysis, and engineering, across a diverse mix of domains. We interface with customers, partners, and internal teams to identify complex productivity challenges and implement solutions within and around the Wdesk Platform. This position offers a unique opportunity to fill a design role that has visibility into all facets of the organization including R&D, Sales, Accounting & Finance, Consulting, and Customer Success.
As a User Experience Designer, you have a passionate interest and exceptional capabilities in the envisioning, discovery, design, and development of engaging user experiences. You thrive in a work environment that requires excellent problem-solving skills and directional autonomy, coupled with exceptional team collaboration, facilitation, and communication skills. You individually focus on applying both creative and analytical approaches to any UX challenge, leveraging both your team's input and most importantly that of the user. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative development environment embedded in a development team. An extensive understanding of contemporary user-centered design patterns and methodologies is a must.
What You'll Do
You'll be working with a team of world-class product managers, developers, and other UX professionals to make our products simple and intuitive. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing how our products work
- Developing personas and modeling user behavior
- Lean user experience design
- High and low-fidelity rapid prototyping
- Iterating on your designs informed by data (not just opinion)
What You'll Need
- UX Design Experience Required - You must have a link to your portfolio on your resume
- Intense passion for design and user experience
- Extensive experience designing for complex, interactive web applications
- Strong ability to craft a user experience vision and communicate that vision to peers and stakeholders
- Ability to prototype what you design
- Subpixel attention to detail
- Ability to influence and inspire your team
- Communication skills to clearly articulate and defend design decisions
- Self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% to meet with customers and/or key stakeholders
- B.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Design or a related field
- Masters/Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Computer Science, Design, or a related field
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
Where You'll Work
- Workiva YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Workiva
- Workiva Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva