User Experience Designer
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Our solution brings together the world's most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes. These data sources and partnerships have been established over our history, making Return Path a trusted industry leader.
Once you're an employee here, this is a place where you'll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You'll Have
We're looking for a User Experience / Product Designer to join our compact but influential team. You are someone who does the research, connects the dots, thinks imaginatively about what users need and want, and then turns those solutions into coherent systems, guidelines, and components.
Return Path designers serve a very specialized role in the company. We are joined at the hip with the Product organization in creating and running with the roadmap for new features. But we also attend to the workflows and polish of every detail in the implementation phase.
What will you be doing?
- Working on B2B enterprise products with a global reach
- Creating effective workflows for complex and data-intensive web apps
- Talking to customers and uncovering (and solving) their pain points
- Testing workflows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals without ego getting in the way
- Soliciting constant feedback from peers – other designers, and experts across the company
- Using Sketch, InVision, Abstract, Pendo, and lots of whiteboards/paper
- Partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Collaborating closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Measuring the success of our solutions through user testing and analytics
- Evangelizing the merits of good design across the business
What you should have
- 3+ years experience as an individual contributor, ideally collaborating in a team environment
- A portfolio showcasing a foundation in interaction principles, visual design and ideation
- Experience with interactive prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- A passion for growing and staying up to date in our rapidly changing field
- A grasp of "the big picture", from product design tradeoffs, to interaction subtleties, to subpixels
Really nice to have
- Keen user research skills - quantitative, qualitative, field, phone
- Solid familiarity with Angular and today's coding frameworks
- A stellar sense of animation and movement in a UI
Our design team works across multiple product lines as a unified front. We partner with product managers, developers, data analysts, technical writers, and the savviest service members in the industry to design web apps that give us a competitive advantage.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
A strong candidate will be organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage deadline-driven projects. We look for people with the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with direct accountability both as an individual and as a team.
Warning: the design puzzles here can be positively thorny. But you'll have help. This is a supportive place where you can exercise your creativity, up your skills, and genuinely make an impact on the whole business. If you have a zeal for design, reach out.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits-it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.