Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Agile Central, formerly known as Rally Software, is creating a cutting edge, scalable, and service oriented SaaS product using a broad range of technologies. Our product helps you speed up value delivery, align development with your portfolio's highest priorities, and make responsiveness the backbone of your business through agile methodologies. We are growing rapidly and globally, so the problems we tackle are big and getting bigger. We practice continuous deployment, dedicate time to hackathons to support innovations, and encourage our teams to blog and participate in local technology meetups. We take walks, have fresh kegs of local brews, play foosball, host potlucks and work on jigsaw puzzles to give our brains a break.
We are actively seeking a User Experience Designer to help us reimagine the experience of our flagship product. This individual will use lean and user-centered design methods to craft and deliver innovative and usable experience to our users. From concept to launch, s/he will diligently solve user problems and meet business objectives. This is an excellent opportunity to work with different expertise across the R&D organization.
Key Responsibilities - What You’ll be Doing:
- You’ll partner with teams of product managers and engineers to craft, execute, deliver, and measure exceptional product experiences.
- Utilize data, user feedback, UX best practices, and market knowledge to inform your design decisions.
- Work with the research team to translate findings into conceptual ideas.
- You’ll produce a lot of sketches as you investigate different approaches for solving complex user problems.
- You’ll be asked to help with user research, to create and maintain user personas, to create storyboards, user flows, site maps, conceptual designs, prototypes, and design specifications.
- Present your designs in weekly design reviews, graciously accept feedback, and iterate quickly.
- Advocate for our users within the organization.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3 – 5 years of experience crafting large enterprise product UX / UI.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodology and activities (informative research, information / solution design, and validation)
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills
- The ability to collaborate through workshops, written and verbal communications.
- A strong business sense; able to balance customer needs with business goals in developing solutions
- Experience working with a style guide and component library.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies preferable.
- A portfolio showcasing product experiences derived from user feedback.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.