User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer
Every day, Vendavo products help clients save millions of dollars. As part of the Product Design and User Experience team, you would help us better understand the needs of our clients, translate those needs into actionable insights and design human-centric experiences that help end-users increase their profits by 10-30%.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer with the right aptitude and attitude. In this role, you will be a key player in determining the future experiences of Vendavo products.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work in collaboration with the Product Management, Product Design, Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams to conceive, develop more usable and desirable products
- Interact with users through a variety of techniques such as usability testing, surveying, client interviews and client observation.
- Generate research reports and/or presentations for key stakeholders with your findings
- Work closely with Senior UX Designers to understand features and context. Work with project teams to create deliverables, such as sketches, wireframes, mockups and high-fidelity prototypes
- Identify for each user activity the most likely scenario, and uncover the proper motivation to engage the user
- Help develop and apply new technologies, best design practices, and usability patterns
We’re looking for an individual that is:
- Highly organized and motivated with a desire to prove themselves within a company of talented individuals
- Holds self to high standards of accountability, owning responsibility around design decisions, timeline, and quality
- Have beyond great listening skills
- Have the ability to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Can demonstrate an exceptional eye for detail.
- Solid communicator, great on keeping key stakeholders and others posted with appropriate levels of detail in a timely manner; speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Passionate about the user experience and want to build innovative products that focus on Big Data
- 3+ years with software design, product management, information architecture, interaction design or user interface design for the web or mobile applications
- Solid agile / lean UX fundamentals
- Client management experience
- Versed in some usability methodologies, human factors, industry standards and trends, platform standards, and software development processes
- Facilitating user research & Graphic/Visual Design experience is a plus
Vendavo is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Please email the link to your resume and work samples to [email protected] Please include the positions on the subject line, and mention where you saw this job posting. Resumes please send to [email protected]
If you don’t fit this description exactly, but you’re an awesome UX person, please contact us too!
On Twitter, we’re @vndvux