SpotX is a video ad serving platform with more than 7 billion ad decisions per day reaching 600 million unique visitors in more than 190 countries. To help drive this success the product design team is busy working towards taming the complexity of our digital video ad serving product designs. We collaborate with various teams to combine intuitive UX with beautifully detailed solutions within a cohesive product that’s so good, you want to brag about it (even though you’re typically a pretty humble person).
We are looking for a visionary UI/UX Designer to join our product design team and create visually engaging and thoughtfully interactive experiences. Candidates should have critical knowledge of design fundamentals related to User Centered Design methodologies, typography, layout, visual design, design systems, and possess strong user interaction design skills. You should also be able to take high-level requirements, help refine them, and evolve them into elegant designs.
Design thinking should be at the heart of your process and reflect our 6 key principles at SpotX.
- Inspirational User Experience Design
- Empathy in User Research
- Leveraging Data and Analytics
- Iteration in Prototyping
- Nurturing Implementation in Visual Design
- Divergent and Convergent Business Thought
Finally, as a member of the Product Design Team, you will be working very closely with many cross-functional teams to help define, develop and launch products to continue our market leadership in digital video advertising.
What we expect from you:
- Be a strong contributor as a member of our influential Product Team at one of the industry’s leading ad tech companies
- Work heavily with our business groups and engineering teams to guide your designs and manage through execution
- Augment, evangelize, and defend our SpotX User Experience Design Principles in the design and development of new products or features
- Design concepts and iterate on ideas to reduce the complexity of our product offering, while solving new and unique design or business challenges
- Create and manage a visual language and library for our products
- Collaborate with the design team to establish intuitive UX and UI design patterns for the user experience in our web applications and platforms
- Help define, design, and manage UI guidelines for our web apps and platforms.
- Contribute to defining best practices and processes for the design of our products
What we expect you to have:
- Bachelor of Arts or Fine Arts from an accredited college or university required.
- 5+ years of UX/UI design experience is preferred
- Empathy for users and our customers to ensure successful designs.
- Strong proficiency in design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch or other visual or interaction design tools (edit)
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, Mobile First approach and responsive design practices
- Solid understanding of User Centered Design processes and the creation of appropriate artifacts or deliverables required
- Ability to articulate your designs and walk through your portfolio of work.
- Meticulous in the creation of your visual designs, with a high level of polish to your work
- Must have a higher level of autonomy in the discovery, definition and design process of projects, by guiding and directing yourself and your peers.
- Strong communication skills a must
- Presentation skills to support your designs, ideas, and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Ownership over your creative concepts and ability to execute on all artifacts in the lifecycle of a project
- Become an expert in our business and products in order to ensure sound and strategic design decisions, regardless of medium
- Background in designing web products or applications is a big plus
SpotX is a video ad serving platform providing media owners with monetization tools for desktop, mobile, and connected devices. The platform features modern ad serving and programmatic infrastructure, and other monetization tools, like solutions for OTT and outstream video ad units. SpotX gives publishers the control, transparency and actionable insights needed to understand buyer behavior, manage access and pricing, and maximize revenue. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and has offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Sydney, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Hamburg, Belfast, and Singapore. In July 2014, RTL Group, a leader across broadcast, content and digital, acquired a 65% stake in SpotX and in late 2017 acquired the finl piece. For updates, follow SpotX on Twitter and LinkedIn.