UI Artist / Designer
Available Office Locations
Golden, CO / Tacoma, WA
About the Job
IllFonic is looking for an experienced UI Artist/Designer to help design, create, and implement both the front end and HUD interfaces across multiple platforms. This position requires not only an understanding of traditional Graphic Design, but some comfort with 2D image applications, Unreal Engine 4, and knowledge of motion graphics applications.
Qualified applicants will need to send a resume and a link to their portfolio, as well as interview both over the phone and in person in order to be considered. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
- Work with the UI Lead and Art Directors establishing the look of the game’s front-end user interface, in-game HUD, and additional art content to maintain a consistent visual aesthetic.
- Work with UI Lead and Art Directors to Iterate on concepts/prototypes until visual and technical needs are met.
- Work with UI Lead and Game Designers to ensure that the end-user has a seamless and intuitive experience and that all assets appear in-game with a high degree of readability.
- Work with the UI Lead and Producers to prioritize your schedule and deliver assets that support the development goals of each milestone within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
- Create static and animated user interfaces for video games on game consoles and PC platforms
- Generate assets for front-end menus, icons, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, top-down maps, etc., from concept to final polished product.
- Be part of the creative meetings and contribute to the vision of the game.
- Have a driving desire to make the best-looking and most intuitive user interfaces for video games from original IP work to platform ports.
- Seek solutions, ask questions, and fail fast by prototyping in and out of game engine when possible
- 3+ years creating UI art assets for web applications, video games, PC or console
- Strong typography, color, iconography, and layout skills
- Must be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule
- Proficient in 2D image applications (Photoshop, Illustrator) and Unreal 4 Engine required, knowledge of motion graphics applications preferred (After Effects)
- Strong artistic, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of UI/UX in games across multiple genres on all platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Willingness to respond and adapt to artistic criticism and multiple avenues of feedback
- Deep passion for games and quality user experiences