Convercent is looking for a Senior UX Designer with enterprise software design skills to join our growing team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage users via contextual inquiry and in-depth interviews, learn how they do their work, what their challenges are, and how we could improve our offerings to better meet their needs.
- Work with UX researchers, product managers, and engineers to produce affinity diagrams, insights, and user narratives. Work together to rapidly ideate, sketch, and refine ideas.
- Develop ideas into comprehensive wireframes. Gather feedback and iterate.
- Develop prototypes to help communicate your vision to the product and engineering teams. Ask them what could be made better, simpler, or easier to build. Iterate.
- Work closely with engineers throughout the development process to ensure the implementation matches the strategic vision, find opportunities for improvement, and ensure that the voice of the user remains at the forefront of the design and development process.
- Bring a broad range of UX methodologies to bear in order to understand our users and design tools to meet their needs.
- Combine user needs, business requirements, and foundational design principles to create end-to-end experience guidelines for our software and services.
- Build collaborative relationships across multiple teams and work together to identify new features and innovations via the Design Thinking process.
- Develop screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons that match the overall vision for our product with the usability needs of our widely-varied user base.
- Proactively perform data mining and UX research literature review.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Degree in Interaction/UX Design, Marketing, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience designing enterprise software, ERPs, or other large information systems with complicated processes and systems workflows. You should be able to demonstrate significant business outcomes through discussion and shared artifacts.
- Experience with multiple user research and design methodologies.
- Comfort managing multiple projects across several teams.
- Proficiency in multiple software platforms for wire-framing and prototyping with a strong desire to learn new software and techniques as well.
- A solid working knowledge of HTML & CSS (no coding required).
- Those who have worked with you wouldn’t hesitate to describe you as a senior user experience designer. In other words, you have quite a lot of experience across a number of disciplines, both within the UX discipline as well as a general business acumen.
- You’re enthusiastic about communicating daily with engineers and incorporating their thoughts and input into your work.
- You’re interested in becoming a trusted advisor by building and managing relationships with your colleagues internally and with the customers that we serve.
- You possess a T-shaped skill set; that is to say, you have basic proficiency in a wide array of skills and expert proficiency in UX design.
- You excel at explaining things to others and leveraging different media for communicating different ideas to different audiences.
- Negative feedback is for you what spinach is to Popeye.
- You’re a systems-level design thinker but still have a passion for designing detailed interactions.
- UX Engineering Skills
- Significant UX research skills
- Substantial time in another career or careers before focusing on UX
- Agile development experience
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts and mitigating risk. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.