Sr. UX Designer
As a Senior UX Designer you will be aninfluential contributor in improving the workflows and overall user experienceof hundreds of thousands of insurance providers and consumers. This person willpartner with the other UX team members, Product Managers, Product Owners, andSoftware Engineers to identify design problems and validate useful, usable, andfeasible design solutions.
You'll be joining a small but growing teamof experienced designers who strive to create user-centered platforms. Our teamthrives on cross-functional collaboration and connecting one-on-one with ourcustomers to gain a deep understanding of their needs. Insurance iscomplicated, but we believe its software doesn't have to be!
The Senior UX Designer will:
- Facilitate product definition discussions with Product Managers and Product Owners in order to identify assumptions and clear, concise, and comprehensive goals.
- Partner with and support Design Researchers in conducting user discovery, concept validation, and usability testing.
- Document and socialize usability findings with cross-functional teams.
- Translate research findings and recommendations into evidence-based wireframes.
- Balance industry best practices with new ideas / concepts.
- Provide clear documentation and annotations for UI Designers and Software Engineers.
- Partner with UI Designers to establish reusable functionality as apart of our Design System.
- Build amicable, productive, trusting relationships with partner teams.Regularly plan and facilitate design studios, design critiques and other design ideation activities; provide constructive feedback based on design principles, patterns, and standards.
What we're looking for in a Senior UX Designer:
- You're a leader and an effective communicator that is tactfully direct.
- You have a nuanced perspective and ask questions to get to the heart of the problem at hand.
- You have strong knowledge of UX best practices for enterprise software, including content-first, mobile-first, responsive design, and accessibility standards.
- You gladly share your knowledge and expertise with more junior team members by providing design guidance and coaching.
- You have a good grasp of design thinking methodologies, using empathy and critical thinking to understand and frame problems.
- You are competent leading well-framed usability testing: planning, recruiting, leading, analyzing results, making design recommendations, and communicating findings & recommendations.
- You clearly and concisely communicate ideas, perspectives, user research, design problems, and design solutions in a diplomatic and persuasive manner.
- You can negotiate productively with Product Managers, bringing clarity and priority to new features based on real user needs.
- You can collaborate and negotiate with Software Engineers, weighing trade-offs between user impact and technical level of effort.
- You balance passion for your craft with a dedication to on-time, on-target delivery of work.
Skills & Requirements
- You have 4-7 years of professional experience in an agency or software setting, including at least 3 years doing end-to-end UX or interaction design.
- Your wealth of expertise is demonstrated by a compelling portfolio that showcases your problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills.
- You have demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, Sketch, and similar design tools.
- You can easily move between considering the forest and paying attention to the trees.
- (Preferred) You have experience in an agile software environment.