Sr. UX Designer
VictorOps is a fast-growing, cutting-edge enterprise software startup located in Boulder, CO. This venture-backed team of 80+ people is changing the nature of incident management – offering software that helps teams recover from problems quickly and build a culture of continuous learning. The company is made up of a strong mix of very talented and driven individuals, with a proven senior leadership team.
VictorOps is looking for a Senior UX Designer to design and prototype superior web and mobile user experiences that enrich and improve the lives of Developers and Engineers. You will work closely with our Customers, Product team and Engineers leading product discovery activities in order to define, prototype and validate features that ship continuously. A successful candidate will be comfortable using data to validate design decisions and have experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods. They should have a clean sense of design and enjoy creating elegant, simple user experiences that solve complex problems.
- Utilize design thinking best practices like deep customer empathy and rapid prototyping to arrive at innovative, intuitive end-to-end experiences
- Conduct user research to inform design decisions and evaluate your designs
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to business stakeholders and leadership
- Design and deliver user stories, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes and UI specifications
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends
- Collaborate effectively with your product managers and engineering team members
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality
- Provide UX mentorship to more junior team members
- Push and evolve visual frameworks and patterns based on brand guidelines
- Help lead improvements to process and relationships beyond scope of individual work
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates the thought process behind every design decision
- A proven track record of shipping user-driven designs and experiences that have delighted your users
- An obsession for solving complex problems.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams in an agile environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills with the ability to present and defend design decisions
- Expert skills in vector based design tools such as Illustrator or Sketch
- Experience with prototyping tools, such InVision, Marvel or Framer
- Competitive salary, generous benefits, and equity
- Opportunity to work on issues that have a direct impact on our success
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- Collaborative, open work environment at our office in the heart of downtown Boulder
- New hardware of your choice, free snacks, and beer on tap
At VictorOps, we offer a great package which includes: competitive base salary; medical plan; dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan; paid holidays and three weeks vacation. We believe in work-life balance, and we can prove it.