Sr. UI/UX Architect at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
The UI/UX Architect is a strategic professional who will define the UI/UX guidelines, processes, and procedures for the CIO organization. He/she will be a recognized authority in the area with proven skills in architecting and implementing principles and interfaces in commercial, high-traffic sites and portals. The architect will continually stay abreast of the development in the UI/UX world and the advances in the underlying technology that will be used to implement those guidelines. The role will call for significant skills in communication and diplomacy to guide, influence, convince colleagues within and outside the group. The scope of the guidelines laid down will impact every portal and site that is built and edited across the organization. The level of knowledge and expertise of the architect will be key in gaining respect and acknowledgement of the community that will be expected to embrace the guidelines.
What you bring:
- Own the definition of the UI/UX guidelines, processes, procedures to be adopted and implemented by the CIO organization
- Understand the underlying business objectives, user needs, and define UX goal scopes, and plan design activities for a project, end to end
- Be willing to roll up their sleeves in digging deep and, where necessary, do hands-on work to demonstrate the principles and/or features. Create wireframes to provide direction to designers and developers.
- Consult with technology and platform owners to assist in enabling standards are adopted
- Drive a cross functional UX organization to continually enhance and improve overall standards and guidelines
- Contribute to a technology architecture board to influence technology decisions that align with standards
- Influence, convince, and persuade colleagues across the CIO organization to ensure the guidelines are adopted uniformly across the board. Communicate design and roadmaps to stakeholder groups both inside and outside the org.
- Create the necessary processes necessary to validate the design, testing, and launching of the all internal and external facing portal/sites to ensure conformance to the defined principles
- Drive necessary business impact by being part of the product design, testing/piloting, and market launch efforts
- Pre-empt issues and problems by ensuring business implications of the products are identified and resolved prior to the launch of the products
- Partner with stakeholders, to address complex business and technical requirements, and drive intuitive user-centered solutions. Be willing to facilitate communication between various stakeholder groups.
- Be fully familiar, understand, and be willing to implement Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) fundamentals to deliver acceptable creative designs
- Challenge the current thinking on design standards as it exists in the org and constantly look for improvement. Continually drive innovation in thinking and delivery to benefit the increased usage and adoption of the product
- Launch digital features across multiple channels, and closely monitor, measure, and report on feature performance
- Analyze performance data to identify opportunities to improve user experiences, increase conversion, and optimize efficiencies
- Achieve stakeholder buy-in and ability to lead cross-functional work streams
- Be willing to and, where necessary, partner with teams doing analytics, research and technology to ensure business objectives are being met
Added bonus if you have:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- Thorough subject matter knowledge and expertise in UI/UX principles. Certifications to validate said knowledge will be an added advantage.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in a product or creative position
- Significant experience managing and advising complex business and technical solutions
- Ability to understand complex business problems and recommend appropriate solutions fit for the purpose
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, effectively influencing across cross functional teams.
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.