Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Sr. Product Designer/Sr. UX Designer, you will drive the discovery and execution of cohesive, creative concepts that solve problems, are usable and appealing.
In this role, you will join a team of talented and creative designers who partner closely with development teams to ensure we deliver exceptional experiences for our consumers. You will design, iterate and deliver features that enable successful user experiences within our digital products (web and mobile) that help people find and connect with the best health care. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their career while having their work seen by millions of people each year.
What You Will Do:
- Moderate user testing sessions and synthesize and share findings on your work
- Lead the design discovery within your team, running design sprints and other ideation sessions
- Partner with Product to ideate and contribute to building a validated roadmap
- Work within a cross-functional scrum team, partner and communicate with developers to ensure the shipped product matches the design vision
- Seek out feedback from collaborators and stakeholders to help improve your work
- Craft prototypes to communicate flows and gather feedback from users, collaborators and stakeholders
- Design simple, elegant interfaces that are consistent, easy to understand, and intuitive to use
- Utilize and contribute new, accessible, compelling design elements to the design system
- Design interactions for technical and information-rich environments.
- Create mobile web and desktop interaction designs
What You Will Bring:
- A human-centric empathetic design approach, balancing the needs of all users.
- Strong interaction and visual design skills with an understanding of color, typography and composition.
- Strong design discovery skills, with experience running design sprints and other ideation sessions.
- Ability to quickly create an interactive prototype to validate the concept.
- Able to use multiple user research methods to improve your concepts.
- A team oriented attitude; you love to see software get shipped, and take pride in realizing concepts as part of a product development team.
- Confident collaborating and iterating.
- Strong communication skills, with a proven track record of working with cross-functional teams.
- You can actively manage your workload to meet deadlines. You commit and deliver.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Skilled in Figma, for design, component library creation and prototyping.
- Portfolio or work examples
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, HCI, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in visual design, user experience design, user interface design, or interaction design for web and mobile products.
- Healthcare experience and familiarity with Jira a plus
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Purpose-Driven Business – we help people make more confident healthcare decisions
- Changing the Game – dynamic, employee-focused culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partners of local charity organizations, matching gifts program, Go-Green efforts, and wellness initiatives
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $104,500 - $114,000 annually*
- Bonus: up to 5% annually
- 401(k) plan options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, with HSA contributions for qualifying plans
- Company-funded basic Life, AD&D, and disability coverage
- Family planning resources
- Subsidized wellness benefits
- PTO plus paid holiday and volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement and learning & development programs
*Actual base pay will be determined based on qualifications and experience